Swedish Visiting Cake with almonds is a delicious small-sized cake ready in no time. Whisked together in one bowl and baked until golden, it is a great recipe to keep near when you need a quick dessert.Continue Reading
Want to perk up breakfast time with an amazingly tasty and nutritious brain food? Well, I am not sure about being brain food, though I could use some. I do know this recipe for granola is delicious, less expensive than many store bought versions and it is easy to make at home. Continue Reading
Baking and sharing favorite cookies, cakes or baked treats is a most appreciated and thoughtful holiday gift. There is something very rewarding about spending time in the kitchen making traditional or unique recipes and then sharing them when loved ones come to visit.
But really, how can you possibly find the time, especially during this very busy season?
By planning. With just a little forethought, you can get your head around exactly what you want to accomplish and then enjoy the process as well as the joy of the season. I’ve created a holiday baking and gift-giving planner to make it easy for you.Continue Reading
Easy Cranberry and Apple Cake
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over for stems
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and medium-diced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (2 oranges)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Well, we relaxed.
They scurried about tending to their five energetic cherubs!
But even better than the cake is a
associated with the author of the cookbook and my dear friend, Mildred. It is a must read story!
Thank you, Mildred, for sharing it.
from: A Measure of Love by Linda Martin