So happy you have stopped by Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart!
I’m Lorraine and my husband, partner, amazing encourager and helper is John. We love working together as a team here and wherever life takes us.
What we do:
This is a place to find lots of food and recipes, with occasional crafts and some DIY, with easy to follow instructions and helpful photos for your success. All served up with large doses of encouragement!
We share ideas and inspiration that will help make your life easier.
Here you will find:
- Help when entertaining.
- Foods and recipes for every occasion.
- Crochet, knitting and craft projects for family, gift-giving or as an enjoyable pastime.
- Encouraging faith when you hit a hard spot.
We post about:
- Do-it-yourself home and garden projects like the ones we have navigated to save on repair costs.
- Fun activities and idea for and with kids and grandchildren.
- Gardening, and those sweet creatures that visit, like hummingbirds, butterflies and other occasional critters. And, an occasional dog post because I love dogs.
- Though travel is new to us, we were totally hooked after our first visit to London and Paris. The sights. The history. The food, oh yes, the food!
How we got here
I started blogging back in 2008 as a place to organize a huge collection of recipes. Somehow, someway, people saw something helpful and began followed to along. And we grew.
We’ve been making big improvements and changes, always looking for ways to make you, our readers have a better experience each time you visit.
If we only knew then…
Many of those changes were complicated and challenging. I was clueless when I began blogging and did so much wrong. We continue to fix old posts and improve areas as well as focus content to offer real solutions and to help you. I plan to share some of what we learned and are learning about successful blogging. Technical and practical stuff. If you are a blogger, yourself, let us know. The blogging community is awesome!
You can help
YOU are why we do what we do. To be most effective in being a help to you, tell us a few things…
- What are you most interested in seeing?
- What are your toughest challenges?
- Biggest obstacles?
Connect with us
We’d love to hear from you. Introduce yourself and tell us about you, your family and your interests. What you would like to see more of and less of. Or just say, Hi! Connect with us in any or all of the following ways:
If you’d like read a short bio about us, our four daughters, including twins, our thirteen grandchildren and our beloved schnauzer check out our bio page.
Talk to you soon,