Classic Quiche Lorraine is a favorite for breakfast or brunch. Creamy Swiss cheese filling with bacon in a flaky crust is easy and delicious. Instead of cream, this version uses evaporated milk for a creamy filling.
There are affiliate links in this post.
Making Quiche Lorraine
Begin by cooking bacon until crisp and chop into pieces.
Chop the bell pepper.
Grate the Swiss Cheese.
Line a pie plate with a homemade or purchased pie crust.
Line the unbaked pie shell with cheese, bacon and green pepper.
Lightly whisk milk, eggs, water, nutmeg, oregano, salt, pepper and Tabasco together.
Pour mixture over cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until center has stiffened.
Remove from the oven and allow quiche to rest for at least ten minutes before serving. Quiche can also be served at room temperature.
Click to Follow on Instagram
- This recipe makes one quiche. We were having family and grandkids for Sunday dinner so I made two.
- We love leftover quiche and try to plan for it! It is so good the next morning for breakfast, for lunch or as an extra dinner.
- Quiche can be reheated for a few seconds in the microwave or covered in foil and reheated in the oven or toaster oven.
- Served quiche warm or at room temperature. Some in my family eat it cold right from the refrigerator 😉
- 9-inch pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 1-lb. crisp, fried bacon (or small diced cooked ham)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- dash pepper
- dash Tabasco (optional)
- parsley flakes to sprinkle on top
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 9-inch unbaked pie shell with cheese,
bacon and green pepper.
Lightly whisk milk, eggs, water, nutmeg, oregano, salt, pepper and Tabasco together; pour mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with parsley.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until center has stiffened. Allow to rest for ten minutes before serving.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
You might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox (about every three weeks) and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.
Ann Thompson says
Someone had given me a recipe for this a long time ago and I never tried it. It sure does look good.