Oh, it is almost Independence Day, a day for celebrating America with family, friends, fireworks and food! A giant patriotic peanut butter cookie pizza works so well for dessert. It is both festive and easy and a dessert everyone will love.
There are affiliate links in this post.
The dough mixes up so quickly you can have it in the pan and oven ready in less than 15 minutes. No need to scoop individual balls of dough or dirty multiple baking sheets. Serve the peanut butter cookie pizza right from the baking pan!
Making Peanut butter cookie pizza dough
Allow the butter and egg to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes on the counter.
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, white and brown sugar, vanilla and egg.
Mix until light and fluffy.
Add the flour.
Mix into a soft dough.
Stir in the chips and M&M’s, reserving some M&M’s for the top (this just makes the top extra pretty).
Transfer the mixture to an ungreased pizza pan.
Press cookie dough into the pizza pan evenly (right up to the edges of the pan).
Press the reserved M&M’s candy into the top of the cookie. Bake for 20-24 minutes (less time baking means a softer cookie). 22 minutes was perfect in my oven.
Remove from cookie pizza from the oven and let cool completely.
Wait until the peanut butter cookie pizza is completely cool before frosting.
Begin by adding the softened butter to a mixing bowl and beat until light.
Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and milk.
Mix until creamy and smooth, adding additional powdered sugar or more milk until desired consistency.
Put frosting into a piping bag with a decorator tip and decorate cookie edges with frosting. Top with sprinkles.
Patriotic Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup white or chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup each red and blue M&M’s candy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In mixer, combine margarine, peanut butter, sugars, vanilla and egg and mix until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour to make a soft dough. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press into pizza pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 6 Tablespoons softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt (or less, if desired)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons milk (more or less to desired consistency)
- Add the softened butter to a mixing bowl and beat until light.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and milk.
- Mix until creamy and smooth, adding additional powdered sugar or more milk until desired consistency.
- Put frosting into a piping bag with a decorator tip and decorate cookie edges with frosting. Top with sprinkles.
More cookout recipe you might also like…
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.