Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use, love or think are informative and helpful.
Oh, these sweet little faces! It is hard to believe these babes are all in their early 20’s now.
Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg if you like and a tablespoon of milk if you prefer the cream cheese apple dip to be a little thinner.
A bowl full of creamy goodness!
Apples for eating fresh
One of my favorite eating apple is a Red Delicious but not my family. Some love tart Granny Smith and others like Honeycrisp or Pink Lady. Do you have a favorite eating apple? Here are just a few from the many varieties of apples that are good choices for eating fresh.
- Granny Smith: Tart and sweet with a crispy skin
- Pink Lady: Crunchy texture and a tart taste with a sweet finish
- Honeycrisp: Juicy and bold crispness and perfect balance of sweet and tart
- Gala: Sweet and juicy with a firm crispness
- Cortland: Tart, tangy and very juicy
- Fuji: Firm texture and sweet flavor
- Jonagold: Sweet tanginess
- Jonathan: Tart with some sweetness and crisp
- McIntosh: Crunchy, juicy and a bit on the sweet side
- Braeburn: Firm, richly tart with hints of sweetness
Cream Cheese Apple Dip Recipe
- 1 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Mix the ingredients together , adding a little milk, if desired to thin.
Stir until well combined and smooth.
Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with apple slices.
This dip stores well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To serve, remove from the refrigerator and allow to reach room temperature and serve.
While this is called apple dip, it is also delicious served with pear slices or so many other fruits. But, it is also good served with graham crackers or pretzels.
Slice apples immediately before serving or add lemon juice to prevent browning
More apple recipes you might also like…
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.