There are affiliate links in this post.
Making Chocolate Pretzel Christmas Tree Cupcake Toppers
- Pretzel sticks
- Green candy melts (1 bag made at least 25 trees)
- Holiday sprinkles
- Flaked coconut
- After the cupcakes are baked and cooled, frost and sprinkle with flaked coconut.
- Melt green candy melts according to package directions. I like to use a plastic bottle for less mess but you can use a piping bag if you prefer. Using the microwave, just melt in bottle with lid removed, stirring with a skewer after each heating time.
- Be sure to tap the spout of the bottle on the counter so the candy melts flow easily as you create each tree.
- Cover a baking sheet with silicone mat or waxed paper. Place pretzel sticks on baking sheet, spacing them 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Squeeze or pipe the melted candy melts over the pretzel stick in the shape of a tree then immediately top the tree with sprinkles. Make the trees thick with fewer “branches” or thinner with more “branches” depending how fast you move the bottle. After a few tries, you’ll find your groove and favorite look. The trees aren’t as fragile as they appear even after lifting them from the waxed paper lined pan and storing.
Here is the link to your FREE Handmade Holiday Craft Project Planner.
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.