Minty Ice Cream Shamrocks
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until blended. Divide dough into two portions; flatten. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8- to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. shamrock cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Prick with a fork if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 1/4 to 1/3 cup ice cream over the bottom of six cookies; top with remaining cookies. Wrap individually in plastic wrap; freeze. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 6 servings.
NOTE: I got 10 (20 cookies) nice thick servings.
You might also like…
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.