There are affiliate links in this post.
Among other activities, we made lemonade from the naked lemons in the fridge. You know, the collection of lemons that have been zested and sit looking pathetic in the fruit bin.
How to Make Summertime Lemonade
Or, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Literally, that’s what we did.
Using a juicer, squeeze enough lemons to measure 1 cup lemon juice.
How many lemons needed can range on the size of the lemon and the time of year. A medium lemon will give 2-3 tablespoons of juice, where a larger lemon can give 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons).
A good guide for measurements for lemon and lime juice is:
• 1 lemon yields: 3 tablespoons juice
• 1 lime yields: 2 tablespoons juice
There are 16 tablespoons in a cup, so 6-8 lemons will give you 1 cup of juice.
Tips for getting the most juice from a lemon
Here are a couple of tips for getting maximum juice from the lemon.
- Microwave the lemon for 10 seconds before cutting and juicing.
- Simply roll the lemon on your counter top with the palm of your hand for a few seconds. This will loosen up the pulp releasing more juice.
Make a simple sugar solution by stirring together the water and sugar and heating until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow the sugar solution to cool.
Fresh Summertime Lemonade
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
3-4 cups additional water
- In a saucepan, stir together the water and sugar; heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool.
- In a serving pitcher, combine the sugar solution and the lemon juice. Add additional water to taste. (or to preferred pucker)
- Serve lemonade over ice and garnish with lemon slices and a sprig of fresh mint, if desired.
Being silly comes naturally on damp, dreary, mid-summer days. Exaggerated expressions do not actually reflect their enjoyment of the lemonade taste-testing.
In addition to making lemonade, Keri and Noah watched movies from a fort they built, climbed trees, give head-locks, played with our schnauzer, Raider and made more goofy faces. All of this to help alleviate a serious case of summertime boredom.
You might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes, crafts and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.