Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use and love.
Peach chutney is fruity and sweet with dried cranberries and a little red onion. Ground cloves and nutmeg add warmth and pepper flakes give it as much kick as you like.
Preparing peach chutney
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 1 hour
- 6 cups peeled peaches (8-10 medium), cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-2 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 -1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. celery seed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine sugar, vinegar and lemon juice in a 6 quart pot and bring to a simmer, stirring as the sugar dissolves.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.