Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use, love or think are informative and helpful.
Orchids in bloom
Orchid growing tips
- My orchids grow in the corner of a south facing window squished together for lack of room.
- I water on Monday and Friday morning because it is a convenient schedule that I don’t forget. I give them a good squirt but don’t create standing water.
- I use tepid water that I keep in a plastic bottle but often use tap water.
- I never move them (except for these photos)
- Do do try to rotate the plants when the flower stem is growing because they bend toward the light.
- I have learned not to cut off the stem when the flowers fade and fall because they often send out more flowers from it.
- And, I am astonished at how long the flowers last ~ sometimes 2-3 months!
- I have never re-potted them and some are years old.
- If an older leaf yellows, I cut it off.
- I have noticed, after blooming, my plants produce a new leaf that grows rather quickly.
- Orchids are not very attractive when not in bloom but given time, they will flower again, and again
You might also like…
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.