NILDESPERANDUM… Never Despair
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
This recipe was shared in an old home school bulletin by our pastors wife. Called Grandma Turner’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, it is noted as his favorite cookie.
Oatmeal raisin cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy inside.
Raisins for me… chocolate chips for Jared
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbs water (I did not add the water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 cup raisins (or chocolate chips)
Bake at 350 for 13 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and oats.
- In mixer bowl, cream softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in raisins or chocolate chips.
- Scoop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 13 minutes. (using a small ice cream scoop, I got 36 rather large cookies and baked 16 minutes)
- Allow to sit a minute or two before removing to a cooling rack.
You might also like…
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.