Seeing the adorable Heart Gift Tags made by Kelly Rowe @live laugh Rowe, I was inspired to make up a batch of my own. Tiny crocheted flowers attached to a tag card with a personalized greeting and a gift tied up with a simple length of chain stitch in a matching color makes a plain package look really special.
Embellish gift packages with crochet
Here is the pattern for the tiny flowers shown in the above photo:
Using a small amount of 4-ply cotton or worsted weight yarn in solid or variegated color and a size H crochet hook:
- create a slip knot
- chain 5; slip stitch in to the first chain creating a loop
- chain 2
- 2 double crochet into the loop
- chain 2
- slip stitch into the loop
- *chain 2, 2 double crochet, chain 2, slip stitch into loop* 4 times creating a total of five flower petals.
- Finish off by trimming yarn and pulling through then tying to knot.
Flowers can be attached to the the tags using glue, double sided tape or hot glue.
Crochet Gift Tags, Ties & Bows
Small crochet applique patterns
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox (about every three weeks) and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.