Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use, love or think are informative and helpful.
Cheesy Potato Soup
- 32 oz chicken broth or stock (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 5 cups russet potatoes, peeled (I used all purpose potatoes and left most of the peel on) and diced (about 1/2-inch)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded American cheese (8 oz)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup) or chopped chives
- 6 slices thick bacon, cooked crisp
- 1/4-1/2 cup additional cheese. shredded, for topping. I use cheddar
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.
handmade by amalia says
This looks like the nicest potato soup I've even seen.
Looks like a very hearty soup and I love the addition of chicken stock!
PS-I can't email you either… itsworthalook ~at~ gmail ~dot~ com
Thanks and have a beautiful Easter Weekend-enjoy:@)
Ann Thompson says
Oh my that looks so good
It looks really really good and what a simple recipe to do it the cooker.. I love potato soup so I want to try this.. thank you for sharing. Happy Easter to you, with love Janice