Looking for a kugel recipe
For now, this will bring on the smiles.
Velvet Noodle Pudding
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 1/4 pound butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semi-broad noodles (cooked according to directions on package, drained, and rinsed with cold water)
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine topping ingredients and spread over noodles. Bake for 1 hour.
Recipe Notes for my altered version shown in these photos
- I reduced the amount of noodles to 4 ounces.
- Not sure if it helped, but used a water bath to bake the noodle pudding by placing the dish in a pan and carefully adding boiling water to the outside pan until it comes about 1/3 of the way up the side of the baking dish.
- The recipe calls for a dish about 8.5 x 11-inches. I don’t have a dish that size so I have used an 11 x 13 as well as a round 2-quart size. Be sure to account for a different size dish by adjusting the baking time. A larger, shallower pan will require less baking time and a dish where the noodle pudding is deeper might require a little more.
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.