Russian Tea Cakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar (for rolling baked cookies in)DIRECTIONS
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy…
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour and salt; add gradually to butter mixture; stir in chopped nuts.
- Chill dough if it seems too soft.
- Form dough into 1 1/4″ balls and place onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden-brown; remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. remove them from baking sheets and roll, a few at a time, in powdered sugar until evenly coated; cool cookies completely on wire racks.
- Cookies may be rolled in powdered sugar a second time once cooled to room temperature.
- NOTE: Forming dough into 1″ balls will increase yield to 48 cookies.
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.