Russian Tea Cakes
1/2 cup powdered sugar
powdered sugar (for rolling baked cookies in)
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour and salt; add gradually to butter mixture; stir in chopped nuts.
- Chill dough if it seems too soft.
- Form dough into 1 1/4″ balls and place onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden-brown; remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. remove them from baking sheets and roll, a few at a time, in powdered sugar until evenly coated; cool cookies completely on wire racks.
- Cookies may be rolled in powdered sugar a second time once cooled to room temperature.
- NOTE: Forming dough into 1″ balls will increase yield to 48 cookies.
FREE gift for subscribers!
Don’t miss new recipes, DIY, crafts and ideas to inspire and encourage you. Join our community and receive updates by clicking the subscribe button below. We’d love to have you be a part 🙂 Don’t forget to get your FREE thank you gift!