Sometimes when the going is tough, we need all of the encouragement we can get. I find it is helpful to have a visual as a constant reminder. This cute aqua bike urges us to just Keep Going!
Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use, love or think are informative and helpful.
As the year comes to its close, I am finishing up a little devotional book titled, He Whispers Your Name by Cherie Hill. This page from June 30th is one of my favorites.
Have you ever felt overwhelmed, doubtful, despairing or loosing hope?
Me too. And the truth is, the battle really does begin in the mind.
The source of strength to Keep Going
I love this short saying. Just two little words. Seeing it helps me to stay motivated and inspired. Provided, that is, I know the source of the strength to help me Keep Going.
That source for me is God and He is more than willing to guide and lead us through life and bless us with the skills and motivation to get through even the most difficult days.
Scripture that will help to to Keep Going
Filling my head with Bible verses shifts my outlook and attitude from discouragement to optimism. If you’d like, take a moment to read through this list of Bible verses to encourage you when you want to quit. Pick one or two that really speak to you. Write it on a note card and carry it around with you. Try to memorize it. Meditate on it and let the truth strengthen you.
- He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31
- And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
- But he said to me, “My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:34
- Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 16:24-25
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.” Proverbs 3:5-6But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. 2 Chronicles 15:7
- I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5
- Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. I Corinthians 15:58
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
- Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” John 14:1-4
- God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! Psalm 46:1-3
- The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 37: 23-24
- My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Psalm 73:26
- For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. Psalm 100:5
- For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
Your one true companion throughout life is God and He will never abandon you or let you down.
Books by my reading chair
I have read many books this year and listened to even more Audible books. These four I found most helpful giving a better perspective and becoming more aware how wrong thinking affects so many areas of life. Here are amazon links if you want to check them out and read more.
Keep Going printable
Here is the Keep Going printable. It is FREE. Just click below and then you can print it out using your home printer or get it printed at your local business supply store like Staples. There are three different sized to choose from to fit whatever place you want to place it. including a 4×6-inch, 5×7-inch and 8×10-inch. They are perfect for framing for yourself or gifting to a friend.
Subscribe Here to get your FREE printable!
Get our GPTH Newsletter and get instant access to the Free Printables PDF. You will receive a link to the PDF via email within 24 hours. Be sure to check your spam and promotions folders if you do not see the email in your inbox.
You might also like…
Each issue of our Newsletter is timely and helpful and jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.