Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 2 (12 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
- 2 (12 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8 peppermint candy canes, crushed, divided
- Line a 12×18 inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 5 minutes (depending on your microwave). Do not overheat or chocolate will scorch.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Spread the chocolate evenly in the prepared pan; chill until set, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the crushed candy canes.
- Spread the white chocolate mixture evenly over the milk chocolate.
- Sprinkle the remaining candy cane pieces evenly over the white chocolate layer.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Break into small pieces to serve. (see note below)
RECIPE NOTES for chocolate peppermint bark
A few changes…
- Substituted Wilton Dark Chocolate Wafers mixed with chocolate chips because that is what I had on hand.
- Substituted Almond Bark for the white chocolate chips
- My pan size was 15 1/2 x 10 1/2″, but I think next time I will try a larger pan that makes thinner bark that would make breaking easier.
- Do not attempt to break the bark into pieces right from the refrigerator as I found that the dark and light layers separated. When allowed to come to room temperature before breaking, this was not a problem.
Each issue of our Newsletter is timely and helpful and jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.