It wouldn’t be Christmas Eve dinner without Hidden Valley Sausage Stars at our house.
But now we are in the middle of summer and these delicious appetizers are just as popular.
I got it from a Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
A holiday get together, drinks with friends or a Super Bowl party are just a few times you might want a great appetizer. Sausage Stars are a tasty choice to serve.
Press won ton wrappers into the cups of mini muffin tins.
Grate the cheddar cheese.
Brown the sausage in a skillet.
Combine the ingredients.
Toss together and spoon into pre-baked wonton wrappers.
Hidden Valley Ranch Sausage Stars Recipe
- 2 cups (1 lb.) cooked crumbled sausage
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared Hidden Valley Ranch Original Ranch Salad Dressing Mix (you can substitute bottled Ranch)
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives (I omit these)
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper (I use green)
- 1 pkg. won ton wrappers (I find then in the vegetable case) or egg roll wrappers, cut into quarters
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blot the sausage dry with a paper towels, and combine with cheeses, salad dressing, olives and pepper.
Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and press 1 wrapper in each cup. I let the won ton wrappers come to room temperature and press them into each muffin cup using a tart shaper trying to keep won ton open for filling.
Lightly spray with vegetable spray and bake for 5 minutes until golden. Remove from tins; place on baking sheet. Fill with sausage mixture. Bake 5 minutes until bubbly.
Makes 4-5 dozen
you might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.