Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use, love or think are informative and helpful.
Editor’s note: This is an updated version of an article originally posted July 2016 with better photos and additional information.
Preparing the vegetables for Hawaiian pasta salad
Making the sauce for Hawaiian pasta salad
Here is the recipe for Hawaiian Pasta Salad.
Hawaiian Pasta Salad
- 1 (19 ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini pasta
- 2 orange, yellow or red bell peppers, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut into quarters and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces (about 2 cups) diced ham, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in 100% pineapple juice, drained, reserving 1/2 cup juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (reserved from the can of pineapple tidbits)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Cook tortellini as directed on package. Drain and cool.
Combine salad ingredients and drained tortellini in a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice, sugar, Dijon mustard, grated garlic, grated ginger, and black pepper.
Whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth.
Pour the dressing over salad ingredients, gently tossing until well coated.
Refrigerate several hours before serving so the flavors have a chance to blend.
You might also like…
Valerie Bertinelli’s, Arugula, Apple and Fennel Salad
Easy Bread Suggestions to serve with salad…
No-yeast Quick Bread suggestions…
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.