Yields 6 servings
- 2 16-ounce cans sliced beets
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Drain beets, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
In 2- quart sauce pan, mix vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt and liquid until smooth; add butter.
Over medium heat, cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
Add beets and cook just until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Other Thanksgiving Foods you might enjoy
- Orange Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- Dinner Rolls (divide dough into 16 for dinner roll size rather than sandwich size)
- Cranberry Mold (uses raw cranberries and apples)
- Honey Cornbread Muffins
- Carrot Salad
- Sauteed Apples
- Cranberry Orange Salad Dressing
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox (about every three weeks) and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.