NOTE: See link to the DUTCH TRANSLATION of this pattern below.
Follow the pattern below using these photos as a guide for adding the faux frosting and decorations.
- worsted-weight yarn. I used chocolate brown and small amount of white but you can use whatever yarn you like as size is not important.
- Choose a hooks size for a nice tight-ish stitch. I used F hook
- various color embroidery floss
- embroidery needle
- satin ribbon for bow
- tiny figure for diorama
- tiny flowers
Crochet Chocolate Diorama Easter Egg Pattern
NOTE: When working in rounds, I mark the end of each round with a piece of contrasting yarn and move it as I complete each round.
Starting at the bottom of the egg
Rnd 6: sc in each sc around; increasing in every 4th sc. (30 sc)
Rnd 7-8: work even for two rounds (30 sc)
Rnd 9: sc in each sc around, increasing in every 10th sc. (33 sc)
Rnd 10-15: work even (33 sc)
Rnd 16: sc in each sc around decreasing in every 10th sc (30 sc)Begin stuffing your egg. You will need to add more at the end but I think you can get a better shape if you begin at this point.
Rnd 17: Work even (30 sc).
Rnd 18: sc in each sc decreasing every 5th sc (25 sc)
Rnd 19-20: work even (25)
Rnd 21: switch to white yarn. Sc in each around decreasing every 9th sc (18 sc). Do NOT cut yarn.
At this point, refer to the photo below as you will slip stitch around the outside of the egg creating a ‘frosting’.
To help keep stitching even, I use a rubber band as a guide.
Slip stitch evenly around the egg. End off at the opening; finish off.
Click to Follow on Instagram
- Using embroidery floss in colors of your choice, add Lazy-Daisy and French Knots to the top side of your chocolate egg being sure to conceal your knots inside the egg.
- Stitch on a bow to the top and add figure and flowers, as desired, in the opening of the egg.
Adding embroidery stitches
There are Amazon affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
You might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox (about every three weeks) and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.