Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use, love or think are informative and helpful.
Two methods to melt chocolate for truffles
How to melt chocolate in the microwave
To melt the chocolate in the microwave, break into pieces and place it in a wide, shallow bowl.
Heat chocolate on medium power for about 1 minute to start with. Remove from the microwave and stir.
Repeat heating at 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
Continue until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth consistency.
How to Melt chocolate on the stove
- Heat a small pot with several inches of water to simmering.
- Cover the top of the pot with a tightly fitting, heat-proof bowl making sure that the steam cannot escape. Check that the surface of the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the chocolate to the bowl and allow the chocolate to melt in the bowl, stirring occasionally, until it is completely melted. Remove from the heat and stir to make sure it’s a smooth consistency. While still warm, add to your recipe.
Making the cream cheese truffles
In a small bowl, stir the instant coffee into the heavy cream until dissolved. (no pic of this step)
In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cream/coffee.
Add the confectioners sugar and mix until well blended.
Add the vanilla and blend.
Stir in the melted dark and milk chocolate until no streaks remain. Refrigerate mixture for one hour.
Ready to make the truffles.
If you would like to coat the truffles as I did, melt additional chocolate; coat each truffle with the melted chocolate and return to baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm.
Cream Cheese Chocolate Truffles
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 10 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- If desired, you can roll truffles into confectioner’s sugar, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, coconut or sprinkles.
- Melting chocolate disks if you would like to coat truffles
- In a small bowl, stir the instant coffee into the heavy cream until dissolved.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cream/coffee then confectioners sugar until well blended.
- Stir in the melted dark and milk chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate mixture for one hour.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat, parchment paper or waxed paper. Using a melon-baller or spoon, scoop chocolate and shape into 1-inch
balls. Refrigerate for another hour.
- If you would like to coat the truffles as I did, melt additional chocolate; coat each truffle with the melted chocolate and return to baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm.
- Store between layers of waxed paper in covered container in refrigerator.
- Makes 50-60 truffles
Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies
You might also like…
Each issue of our Newsletter is timely and helpful and jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.