Cranberry Apple & Jalapeno Salsa is colorful, fresh and incredibly good! A festive New Year’s Eve appetizer that your guests won’t be able to stop eating.
It was a favorite on our Christmas Eve table and the recipe was requested.
Makes 2 cups (8 1/4-cup servings)
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh cranberries, or frozen, unsweetened
- 1 medium Fuji apple, cored and chopped into small chunks (I do not remove peel)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (I used 3 green onions, both green and white parts)
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 jalapeño pepper, without seeds, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar (more or less depending on your preference)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves (I use fresh parsley)
Transfer to a bowl; stir in the apple, green onion, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeño, sugar and salt. Stir in chopped parsley.
Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes and up to 24 hours. The color will deepen the longer it chills. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired. Serve with tortilla or other preferred chips.
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox (about every three weeks) and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.