Sweet and tart, that’s what this crisp is all about. Cranberry apple crisp is full of sweetened cranberries and apples with an oatmeal crumble topping. Top with ice cream or whipped cream for a lovely autumn dessert.
Now is the time of year to pick up bags of cranberries and store in freezer bags in freezer to have on hand for baking throughout the year.
Cranberry Apple Crisp
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples (I used 2 Granny Smith and 2 Rome)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (I used just 1/4 cup to cut calories. It worked fine)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional) I omitted
Combine apples, cranberries, sugar and flour. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
In a bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture.
Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until fruit is tender and juices are bubbly around the edges of baking dish.
I often make apple crisp. The addition of cranberries is a great suggestion. The photo looks so appetizing. Hope you are having a nice weekend.
When I tell you my mouth started watering I am NOT kidding!!!! That sounds absolutely delicious. I must have missed that in the Taste of Home somewhere over the years. I am saving it to make one night when the kids are here. WOW! My son is gonna love this. He loves rhubarb and I bet this has a similar taste/texture with the cranberries in there. Yum. Thanks, Lorraine- xo Diana
This looks so delicious and I can just imagine how awesome this smells