Country Apple Coffee Cake
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups chopped peeled, (if desired) apples
- 1 (12-oz.) can Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- about 1 1/2 Tbs. orange juice
- a few grains of salt
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch round cake/pie pan or 8-inch square pan. Spread 1 cup of the apples in sprayed pan.
- I did not peel the apples preferring to leave them on for added nutrition and color.
- The original recipe called for a 10-oz can of biscuits. I don’t think you can find that size any longer. I used Aldi brand and the can weighed 7.5-oz. so I used one and a half cans. Next time I will use all of the second can. You can purchase 12-oz cans which is just right for this recipe.
- I used my toaster oven to bake
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.