Mother’s Day tablescape with vintage dishes, glasses and linens
A pretty pink and green table of vintage pieces with the sweetest design of pink roses and tiny blue forget-me-not bring back memories of my childhood.
These three dinner plates were used when I was growing up. They are melmac and I remember well standing by a sink full of suds, washing each plate and thinking how pretty they were.
Through the years, I have collected pottery pieces with the same pretty bouquet of roses. I think the pattern is called Heather Rose from Hall Superior Quality Kitchenware pottery.
Mother’s Day Menu
Pain Perdu and Mixed Berry Compote
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (it is really good with 1 cup sugar but I have reduced it as much as 1/3 cup with good results)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a splash of water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 slices stale white bread or 6 slices thick cut stale bread (my favorite is sourdough bread)
- Butter, for griddle pan
- Warm maple syrup, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar and/or fresh berries for topping
Mixed Berry Compote
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries or blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
Pink Sparkling Punch
- 1 12-ounce frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups white cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 1-quart club soda, chilled
- raspberries and mint to garnish
You might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes, crafts and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.