Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use, love or think are informative and helpful.
Baking with kids
Homemade Cupcakes with Cherry Buttercream Frosting
How to make homemade cherry buttercream frosting
Frosting the cupcakes
Cupcakes with Cherry Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
Cherry Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 pound bag powdered sugar
- pinch of salt (optional)1 jar Maraschino cherries, with juice reserved and cherries dried on paper towel. (Cherries with the stems, if you can find them, look extra cute on the cupcakes).
- 10 tablespoons juice from the maraschino cherry jar. (more or less for desired consistency)
Each issue of our Newsletter is timely and helpful and jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.