- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped (canned whole plum tomatoes with juices, coarsely chopped, can be substituted)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet Spanish paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 6-8 large eggs
Heat oil in a large deep skillet.
Sauté the onions until translucent. Add the bell peppers and jalapeño; cook on a medium heat just until softened (about 5 minutes).
Stir in the garlic, tomato paste and sauté for another 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes to skillet. Stir in all the spices; simmer for 20 minutes.
How to make garlic bread
Each issue of our Newsletter is timely and helpful and jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.