Rum Raisin Cranberry Topping
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 12-ounce package Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cranberries; return to a boil. Gently boil cranberries for 10 minutes without stirring.
Purée the mixture until smooth and drizzle over your favorite treat.
Makes about 3 cups.
- I thought it unusual that the raisins and nut were pureed all together with the cranberries but I guess that is what creates the final texture and taste.
- I added a little water at the end to thin a bit, and I think adding a little extra water when cooking the mixture would accomplish the same thing.
- I could hardly discern the taste of rum so, if it is important to you and you aren’t having for breakfast, you might want to add more.
You might also like…
Each issue of our Newsletter is timely and helpful and jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.