Rum Raisin Cranberry Topping
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 12-ounce package Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I used peanuts but use whatever you like)
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cranberries; return to a boil. Gently boil cranberries for 10 minutes without stirring.
Purée the mixture until smooth and drizzle over your favorite treat.
Makes about 3 cups.
- I made just half the recipe because that is all the cranberries I had.
- I thought it unusual that the raisins and nut were pureed all together with the cranberries but I guess that is what creates the final texture and taste.
- I added a little water at the end to thin a bit I think adding a little extra water when cooking the mixture would accomplish the same thing.
- I could hardly discern the taste of rum so, if it is important to you and you aren’t having for breakfast, you might want to add more.
You might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox (about every three weeks) and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.