* He has an internal clock… he awakes each morning at almost the exact time (within a few minutes). No alarm clocks needed here!
* After rousing John & I and heading down stairs, he heads to the kitchen where he begins his spinning ritual as his food is being scooped from its container. It’s two circles around then leaping and skipping to his bowl. He takes his first bite and stops until he hears the opening of the dishwasher (which is unloaded while he eats and prior to his first walk of the day). Only after the click of the door opening does he resume eating his bowl of food.
* He loves popcorn and sits, staring intently up at the microwave while the popping occurs. He sits at attention, staring intently at those eating popcorn hoping for the occasional piece tossed his way. He is able to snatch most pieces in mid-air even though some family members with sadistic tendencies make him do acrobatic maneuvers for each kernel tossed.
* He LOVES fruit! Even when he is alone in the kitchen he will stand by the counter where the bananas are stored making strange throaty sounds indicating his desire. No matter how quietly I take the vegetable peeler from the drawer, he comes running from the far reaches of the house in hopes there will be apples or other fruit peeled and shared with him. He loves all fruit with the exception of citrus. He also loves carrots.
* He has lots of toys but his favorite is a little cow that vibrates when it’s string is pulled. Raider holds the end of the string with his teeth and shakes his head until he pulls the string and causes the moving action. When told to go find ‘cow’ he will usually find it and bring it back to play.
* He does ‘rolly-polly’ by rolling on his back for belly rubs.
* He is a great traveler even on long trips. He does not, however, like the toll takers and snarls most unkindly at them.
* He gets more comfortable that any other creature I have known. He seeks out all pillows and has been known to squeeze his little self precariously on the smallest of them. If there was a stack of pillows he would do all in his ability to get to the top.
*He likes to play “hide and seek”. One of us hides and he seeks. I think he uses his sight more than his sense of smell because sometimes he has a hard time finding the hidden person.
did I mention how much I love this dog!
did I mention how much I love this dog!
Mary Lou says
That is the funniest thing I've ever seen and the cutest dog..I could easily love him, popcorn, cow and all.
Oh, how I miss my little dancing dog! She was a bichon frise named Latte who loved buttered popcorn.
The Watts Family says
tehehehe that is just so cute!! Great Pictures ~Love Heather
Life is good! says
everybody needs to have a dog to love. yours is darling. popcorn is one of the few things my dog won't eat. but a tomato, he would do anything for!
What a cutie!
Love the photos.
Raider is Absolutely Adorable!! What a Beautiful and Talented little boy you have 🙂 Also love the mosaic 🙂
Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me ~
Have a Wonderful week ~
First of all, that pup has way more energy than I do in the morning! I sure wish I felt like dancing before breakfast!
I haven't had a dog since I was a child (we've had cats) but if I were to ever get one I'd hope for one with a personality just like Raider!
The thought of him curled up on a tiny pillow keeps popping into my head ~ too cute!
Love the mosaic. His morning dance is adorable. Raider sounds like he has a wonderful personality and I can certainly understand how he charmed his way into your heart 🙂
I love this post. I would have never believed that we would allow our little dog to run our house but he does. Sometimes I think my husband puts up with the dogs snoring more than mine! Raider is definetly a cutie pie. Have a blessed week, Patty.
Lady Farmer says
I generally prefer cats, but Raider is one of my favorite dogs! ~ even if I don't know him personally! I have been smitten with him since the first time I saw his photo (as a pup) on your sidebar! Love all his antics that you described. What a precious pooch!
Oh, he is adorable. And how smart! What a wonderful family member your have.
Most adorable mosaic! Love all your Raider facts and I can see why you love him!
Gardening in a Sandbox says
Oh that made me laugh. He is so darned cute.
He is too cute. Thanks so much for your birthday wishes!
A Garden of Threads says
What a great mosaic of your best friend. He is so cute. Have great week:)
It's fun to learn more about Raider and his likes and behavior. I love the pictures of him. We call Harriet's dance the "shuffle!"
Pets have a way of brightening ANY day, don't they? Hope you have a very nice week Lorraine.