Ingredients on hand
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2-quarts chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry pasta, cooked (elbow, small shells or other small shaped pasta)
- 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas or green beans
- 2 cups dried beans, cooked and drained (or use canned beans)
- a couple handfuls Spring Green Salad mix or baby spinach
- 2 Tbs. fresh herbs, chopped
- adjust seasonings, if desired
- grated Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in dutch oven over medium heat; add celery, onion and carrots and cook 5-8 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
Add diced tomatoes with liquid, broth, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer gently 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Stir in cooked pasta, kidney beans, peas, cooked beans and Spring Green salad mix. Cook 5 minutes more.
Ladle hot into bowls and grate on cheese.
I filled almost 4 quart canning jars. Enough to eat, freeze and share 🙂
you might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox (about every three weeks) and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.