Making Hashed Browns
Slightly adapted from Ina Garten
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, 1/2-inch diced (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions (2 onions)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- If your skillet is a bit small and the potatoes are deep, it may take a little longer to get them to tender. Adjust time slightly.
- The darkness is a preference. We like our hashed browns a little darker so I notch up the temp toward the end of the cooking time. Keep a close watch so they don’t get too browned.
You might also like…
And for dessert…
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.