There are affiliate links in this post.
Grilled Herb Shrimp
source: Barefoot Contessa Parties! cookbook
- 2 pounds large shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled and deveined (see note below)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, small-diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Combine all the ingredients and allow them to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Skewer the shrimp. Heat a grill with coals and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Grill the shrimp for only 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
I leave the tails on when I’m peeling the shrimp. Since I used a small George Foreman Grill, I cut each wooden skewer in half and threaded three shrimp on each. If you are using a larger George Foreman Grill grill you will not need to cut the skewers. I spooned on all of the onion and herbs from the marinade as I placed the shrimp onto the grill. I didn’t want to lose a bit of flavor. Even the bits of onion were sweet and delicious. Total grilling time: 1.5 minutes.
you might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.
shrimp recipes says
That looks amazing! I love shrimp! I find them very versatile, saute them, boil them, grill them, puree them, lol! Grilling them is of course my favorite! I really think that you can taste its meat's flavor more distinctly when cooked that way.
Snippety Gibbet says
You did that on a George Foreman? I need to buy one of those! jan
crochet lady says
That looks really awesome, I love grilled shrimp!
I love shrimp and that looks so delicious.
I love grilled shrimp and this looks so good. Thanks so much…
Nancy's Notes says
Oh my, this recipe is one that I'll trying real soon, looks scrumptious!! Thank you for sharing.
So glad you liked the shrimp! Thanks for cooking with me. Great pictures!
John and Larry both love shrimp. This is an incredibly fast and easy recipe ~ thanks!