There are affiliate links in this post.
Grilled Herb Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled and deveined (see note below)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, small-diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Combine all the ingredients and allow them to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Skewer the shrimp. Heat a grill with coals and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Grill the shrimp for only 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
I leave the tails on when I’m peeling the shrimp. Since I used a small George Foreman Grill, I cut each wooden skewer in half and threaded three shrimp on each. If you are using a larger George Foreman Grill grill you will not need to cut the skewers. I spooned on all of the onion and herbs from the marinade as I placed the shrimp onto the grill. I didn’t want to lose a bit of flavor. Even the bits of onion were sweet and delicious. Total grilling time: 1.5 minutes.
you might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.