How to Toast Coconut
Frosted Pear Quick Bread with Toasted Coconut
Yield 5 mini loaves (5-3/4 by 3-1/4 by 2-1/4)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 cups chopped unpeeled pears (about 3 medium)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- pinch salt
- cream for desired consistency (sometimes I will substitute flavored coffee creamer)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bottoms only of 5 mini loaf pans,
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and ginger until thoroughly mixed,
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs; stir in chopped pear. Stir in dry ingredients until moistened. Spoon into pans.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans; loosen sides and remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine frosting ingredients and spread on cooled loaves; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
you might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.