Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use, love or think are informative and helpful.
Dipping German Stars in Wax tutorial
Supplies and equipment
- double boiler or something similar to melt the wax
- utensil to flip the stars and remove from the melted wax
- waxed paper to place wet stars on to cool (alternatively, if you have attached a hanging thread to your stars, they can be hung from a dowel or something similar allowing the wax to cool and harden)
- bowl for glittering
- completed German paper stars
- fine craft glitter (optional)
- needle and thread for making a hanging loop
Process for dipping German Stars in wax
Place a piece of wax in a bowl over a gently simmering pan of water.
Remember to never leave the double boiler unattended. And, once you use a pan for melting wax, it should not be used to prepare food.
Adding glitter and sparkle
If you are giving stars as gifts, you might want to include a card. I created a FREE printable for you with a place for the recipient’s name on the front, a little history about the stars on the inside and storage suggestions on the back.
Get your link to the FREE printable by clicking German Folded Paper Stars Gift Card.
Each issue of our Newsletter is timely and helpful and jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.