What little girl doesn’t like pretty things in her hair. I know our little girls sure do!
So when I saw these cute hair pins, I gathered snippets of yarn and my crochet hook to make a bunch.
After completing the hair pins, I played around with the pattern to see if I could give the hearts more of a point on the bottom. Just a Treble crochet seemed to do the trick. The heart on the left has the Treble Crochet, the heart on the right is the original pattern.
Here is my slightly adapted version of Cheryl’s pattern for
Simple & Cute little Crochet Heart
I used worsted weight yarn and a ‘G’ hook
- Form an adjustable circle (I ch 4 and slip stitch to the 1st ch to form a circle)
- Chain 2
- Work 4 Double Crochets, 1 Treble crochet and 4 more Double crochets into the circle.
- Chain 2
- (Do Not Join to first chain 2 stitches)
- Slip Stitch into the Circle
- Cut yarn bind off & slip loose end thru the center of circle to the back of your work
- Pull the Circle Closed with the other loose end
- Tie the loose ends together in a square knot
- Trim off excess
I hot-glued a plain Bobby pin to the back of each finished heart and then glued a small square of felt on top.
The Bobby Pins were attached to a card made in a photo editing program and printed onto card stock.
After poking holes into the card stock, simply slide the Bobby Pin through.
Ready to send!
Now to come up with something for the boys.
Wow Me Wednesday @Polkadots on Parade, Whatever You Want Wednesday @Pretty Things for You, Transformation Thursday @Shabby Creek Cottage, @Cheap Crafty Mama, @Tutus & Tea Parties, Home Sweet Home @The Charm of Home,Show & Tell Friday @My Romantic Home, @ Fingerprints on the Fridge, @Not So Functional Housewife, Frugalicious Friday @Finding Fabulous, @Toys in the Dryer, I’m Lovin’ It @TidyMom, @Six Sister’s, y @Mama Mia’s Heart2Heart, Think Pink Sunday @Flamingo Toes, Sister Sunday @Sisters of the Wild West, @My1929 Charmer, The Sunday Showcase @Under the Table Dreaming@ Creations by Kara, @Blue Cricket Design,