Editor’s note: This is an updated version of an article originally posted August 2012 with better photos and additional information.
Baking with kids
Here is how we make coconut banana bread
Measuring flour for coconut banana bread
Making citrus glaze for coconut banana bread
Glazed Coconut Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons dark rum (substitute apple juice or omit)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut plus a little more for the top
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime, lemon or orange juice
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan by coating with baking spray.
The best-est days are those spent with a two-year-old!
Each issue of our Newsletter is timely and helpful and jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.