Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We will only recommend products we use, love or think are informative and helpful.
If you are in the mood, toss in chunks of ham or pepperoni. Add olives or cubed cheddar cheese. Use your favorite bottled Italian dressing or follow the recipe below.
Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces Rotini pasta or favorite pasta shape
- 2 1/2 cups assorted cut-up fresh vegetables, (bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, blanches snow peas)
- 1/2 cup cubed cheese (cheddar or favorite. I used Asiago)
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted ripe olives, (optional)
- 1 cup Italian Dressing, purchased or homemade recipe below
Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
Combine all the dressing ingredients and 1 to 2 tablespoons water in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.