Making chocolate peanut butter cups
Chocolate covered Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
What you need:
- Candy melts in your choice of colors for decorating (optional)
- Candy Melts in milk or dark chocolate OR Chocolate chips
- equal parts creamy peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar (if you like the center softer, add a little more peanut butter and a little less sugar)
- silicone mold or mini muffin tins lined with paper liners
What to do:
- In small bowl, stir peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Melt candy melts (or chocolate chips) per package directions.
- Make chocolate shell by painting melted chocolate on bottom and sides of mold.
- Chill in fridge until firm.
- Using a small spoon or pastry bag, pipe peanut butter mixture in each chocolate shell. (I used a piping tube but had to apply a lot of pressure) Tap down, if needed, with your finger dipped in confectioners’ sugar.
- Spoon additional melted chocolate into each shell to top edge, tapping the mold gently to level.
- Chill in fridge until firm; pop peanut butter eggs out of mold.
You might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes, crafts and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.