I’ll start with Cambrie’s Aqua Knitted Headband/Ear warmer with Bow (top right in above photo)
Yarn: Vanna’s Choice
Cast on 15 stitches
ROW 1: K
ROW 2: K2 P11 K2
Repeat row 1-2 until piece measures 15-inches
Bind off leaving a length to yarn. Fold piece right sides together lining up the short sides; sew edges. Knot and weave in ends.
Cast on 11 stitches
Knit each row until piece is 8-inches long.
Bind off leaving length of yarn; sew ends together and using same length of yarn, wrap several times around center of bow to shape. Secure to the headband with a few stitches; knot and weave in.
- Depending on your preference, make either side of the knitted piece the right side. I like both looks.
- I like the way the edge looks and work either 2 knits or 3 knits on both edges.
- Cast on however many stitches you want to create desired width of the headband. Less cast on stitches for a thinner headband and more for a wider one. Also consider the weight of your yarn and choose the needle size that you prefer.
- The Basket weave (Chloe’s chartreuse green Headband, bottom left in photo) just alternated rows in sets of four.
- Leave headband plain or add a bow or knot (or sometimes I call it a tab. Guess I should make up my mind 🙂