Just thought I would change from the traditional red and pink colors to something a little different.
I crocheted a sweet heart swag following a pattern by Molly on Design Sponge. Instead of tiny hearts made with cotton thread as Molly did, I used worsted weight yarn. I spaced my hearts closer together by chaining 15 between hearts rather than the 40 suggested when using thin cotton. Fifteen hearts were plenty to drape across a double window.
a few vignettes of my kitchen table centerpiece for February
Molly makes gorgeous heart garland’s from beautiful thread and sells them in her shop.
They are dainty and lovely!
Molly Dunham’s Pattern for Crocheted Heart Garland:
- fine crochet thread (20 to 30 gauge) in red and ecru
- size 10 crochet hook
- To begin, Chain 2.
- Row 1: 2 single crochet (sc) in first chain. Chain 1, turn.
- Row 2: 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next stitch. Chain 1, turn.
- Rows 3 to 6: 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in each remaining stitch. Chain 1, turn.
- After row 6, you will have 7 stitches.
- Row 7: Skip first stitch. In second stitch: 1 half double crochet, three double crochet, 1 half double crochet. Skip one stitch, slip stitch in next stitch. Skip one stitch. In next stitch: 1 half double crochet, three double crochet, 1 half double crochet. Skip one stitch, slip stitch in next stitch.
- Chain 40, *slip stitch to the top of the right lobe of one heart (though the back of the chain only). Chain 5, slip stitch to the left lobe of the heart. Chain 40*.
- Repeat from * to * above until all hearts are attached to the garland, ending with chain 40.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.