I got it from a Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
A holiday get together, drinks with friends or a Super Bowl party are just a few times you might want a great appetizer. Sausage Stars are a tasty choice to serve.
Press won ton wrappers into the cups of mini muffin tins.
Grate the cheddar cheese.
Brown the sausage in a skillet.
Combine the ingredients.
Toss together and spoon into pre-baked won ton wrappers.
Hidden Valley Ranch Sausage Stars Recipe
- 2 cups (1 lb.) cooked crumbled sausage
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared Hidden Valley Ranch Original Ranch Salad Dressing Mix (you can substitute bottled Ranch)
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 pkg. won ton wrappers (I find then in the vegetable case) or egg roll wrappers, cut into quarters
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blot the sausage dry with a paper towels, and combine with cheeses, salad dressing, olives and pepper.
Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and press 1 wrapper in each cup. I let the won ton wrappers come to room temperature and press them into each muffin cup using a tart shaper trying to keep won ton open for filling.
Lightly spray with vegetable spray and bake for 5 minutes until golden. Remove from tins; place on baking sheet. Fill with sausage mixture. Bake 5 minutes until bubbly.
Makes 4-5 dozen
you might also like…
Our Newsletter is published once every three weeks. Each issue is timely and helpful, jam-packed with food, crafts, occasional DIY, gardening and faith resources. Relevant and seasonal posts to inspire and guide you with current trends. Available only to those who request it, so please accept our invitation to stay connected and join the Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart community. Just click the subscribe button below.