I have been really excited to share this post with you but waited until I could evaluate for myself the Zaycon Fresh process and their product quality before it published. If buying quality meat at substantial savings is as important to you as it is to me, you will be interested in what I have found. Last week I picked up 40 pounds of chicken from Zaycon Fresh. Yup, 40 pounds. My order was placed last month during their $.99/lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast sale, an incredible price for farm fresh chicken breasts! Let me show you more.
There are affiliate links in this post.
It is my first order from Zaycon Fresh and I am impressed. I love the savings and quality of the product. Farm fresh skinless, boneless chicken breasts are easy to order and are 30–50% less than grocery store prices. Take a look at these videos I made. I am not very good at making videos, as you will see, but you can see it all first hand 🙂
Zaycon Fresh Chicken pre-prep before picking up
To make packaging the chicken go smoothly and with ease, I got a few things ready in the kitchen before driving to pick up my order.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- freezer-safe plastic bags
- Baggie holders
- Food handling gloves
- Freezer label and marker set
Have you ever seen these ingenious baggie holders? They securely hold open a quart or gallon-size bag for hands-free filling. Super handy and helps prevent spills. Also great for drying bags after washing.
Easy Pick up and how I processed the order
We had another Nor’easter and I was able to pick up my order just before the storm hit. Pickup is super easy. Just drive up, roll down your window, give your name and someone will place the order into your car. It took less that two minutes.
Back home with the Zaycon Fresh chicken. Let’s take a look…
Here is the box and packaging containing the chicken breasts.
Quality boneless, skinless chicken breast
Opening the box for my first look at the chicken…
Packaging the chicken breasts for the freezer
Here is the recipe for our favorite 2-ingredient chicken marinade. I doubled it and filled 7 quart-size bags of chicken for freezer-ready meals. The remainder of the chicken was left plain. I could have pre-cooked some of the chicken, but I didn’t think that far ahead.
After adding the chicken to the bag, I poured in the marinade. See how well the baggie holders work?
I packaged all of the chicken in quart-size bags knowing I can always thaw two or more bags as needed.
I like that I can feed my family for less with excellent quality, farm fresh chicken breasts from Zaycon Fresh. I’ve got a full freezer and enjoyed great savings over grocery store prices.
After trimming away almost every trace of fat and stuff from each chicken breast, this is all I got from the entire 40 pounds! And, the sections shown on the left I simmered for stock and then made chicken salad from the meat.
All done and happy!
So, What is Zaycon Fresh?
You can think of Zaycon Fresh as a type of food co–op. Buying via a food co–op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer. Cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store) enables you to purchase at substantially lower prices.
How does it work?
Zaycon Fresh Foods is nationwide meat co–op. It is a unique process, but the rewards in quality, freshness and value are worth it.
- You order your meat selection now for a pickup date in 1–4 months. When many can order directly from the supplier, it drives the price down. As a result, this is done over a several month time period to ensure the requirements of the group discount price.
- You order the meats in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. If that seems like too much for your needs, you can split a case with family or friends.
- At the specified day/time of your local pickup, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your area, ready for you to drive up and have your order placed in your car.
Here area few meals I made right after picking up the chicken. Fast and easy…
- Homemade Shake and Bake mix Baked Chicken
- Stir-fried for topping salads or sandwiches
- Baked with our favorite bottled barbecue sauce
Here is a quick and easy sir-fry made with thinly sliced Zaycon Fresh chicken breasts. I stir-fried onions and bell peppers then added the chicken to the pan and cooked until done (leftover snap peas were tossed in). Served with a side of rice and I had dinner in short amount of time.
NOTE: I have already ordered Zaycon Fresh ground beef and planning to order bacon from them too. I will let you know what I think!
Why would I buy my meat this way instead of the grocery store?
- The cost is 30–50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected.
- Most all of the meat is delivered farm fresh, never frozen (there are some exceptions like the Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, that’s a little difficult to deliver fresh from Alaska). It comes directly from the farms, so it is very fresh, as opposed to meats in the grocery store going through a long journey to arrive at the store and handled by many in the process.
- The quality is compared to the higher quality options in the grocery store. The local farms are hand-picked and Zaycon is committed to providing the highest quality. If at any time a farm does not meet their strict standards, they will drop this farm and meat will not be available in this area until an acceptable replacement is found.
- It’s convenient! Having my freezer full is such a time saver for me. It is there when I plan meals or on those really busy days when I just need to make dinner without a lot of fuss.
- They have a great reputation, high rating , including a great BBB.com rating (A+).
- They have been around since 2009, and growing massively in popularity because they are meeting several needs in this key area of grocery shopping and grocery budgets everywhere.
- They have one of the highest customer retention rates in any industry. The percentage of return customers exceeds industry standards. The proof is in the pudding!
How do I order?
Ordering is really easy!
- Log on to the Zaycon site and register or log in.
- At the top of the page, click on shop by product or by location.
- Find the meat
offerings you are interested in.
- You will find the details of the meat being
- Click on “On Sale Now”
- Add as many cases as you would like.
- Be sure to check for promos and coupon sales and if there is a coupon code, enter it at
- At secure checkout, enter your payment information.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your order and you will also see your order history
under “My Account.”
- Wait for your pickup date/time
To give you a real life example, below is our purchase receipt for our 40 lb order. As you can see, after shopping and getting a great Zaycon promo, we saved almost 50%!!! We only paid $39.60 for 40 lbs of top quality chicken breasts.
Zaycon always emails you the current coupon and promo sales that are currently running. So give them a try, you wont regret it. Just click on the ad below and see for yourself.
you might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes, crafts and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.