The previous weekend, Keri was here and as a treat we went to a restaurant for lunch.
And since I can hardly believe it, I snapped a few pics of Jared heading to school as he finishes senior year.
Every few months we try to connect with John’s college buddies. Ray and Jan live in north Jersey, Patrick and Tish live about two hours south of them and we are just about in between. The host provides the entree and the other two couples make appetizers and dessert. Later, in the evening Patrick and Tish took us to Cowtown Rodeo, the longest running weekly rodeo in the USA. It was a new experience and though the forecast was for strong thunderstorms, the evening was most perfect.
Now for the recipe…
Homemade Shake and Bake Coating
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 3 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbs. salt
- 1/2 Tbs. paprika
- 1/2 Tbs. celery salt (I substituted a small amount of celery seed)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 pinch dried basil leaves
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1 pinch dried oregano
In a bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine the breadcrumbs, oil, salt, paprika, celery salt, pepper, garlic salt, minced garlic, minced onion, basil, parsley and oregano. Stir/mix until combined.
- I used skinless chicken legs. If using boneless breasts, be sure to reduce the baking time.
- This coating works well for pork chops. Coat as above and bake until just cooked through, avoiding overcooking.
you might also like…
If you like this post and don’t want to miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire you, join our community and receive updates by clicking the subscribe button below. We’d love to have you be a part 🙂