INGREDIENT LIST FROM SCRIPTURE
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup Judges 5:25
- 1 1/2 cup Jeremiah 6:20
- 5 Isaiah 10:14
- 3 cups sifted Leviticus 24:5
- 1/2 teaspoons 2 Kings 2:20
- 3 teaspoons Amos 4:5
- 1 teaspoon Exodus 30:23
- 2 Chronicles 9:9
- 1/2 cup Judges 4:19
- 3/4 chopped Genesis 43:11
- 3/4 cup finely chopped Jeremiah 24:5
- 3/4 cup 2 Samuel 16:1
- Whole Genesis 43:11 for garnish (almonds)
Jeremiah Scripture Cake with Burnt Jeremiah Syrup
I decided to try this after searching and finding many variations
- 3/4 cup butter (Judges 5:25)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (Jeremiah 6:20)
- 5 eggs, separated (Isaiah 10:14 )
- 3 cups sifted flour (Leviticus 24:5)
- 1/2 teaspoons salt (2 Kings 2:20)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (Amos 4:5)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Exodus 30:23)
- 1/4 teaspoon each 2 nutmeg, ginger, allspice (Chronicles 9:9 spices)
- 1/2 cup milk (Judges 4:19)
- 3/4 chopped nuts (Genesis 43:11)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped figs (Jeremiah 24:5)
- 3/4 cup raisins (2 Samuel 16:1)
- Whole almonds for garnish (Genesis 43:11)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan or coat with non-stick spray. Dust lightly with flour.
- In a 4-quart mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and spices.
- Mix flour mixture into butter and egg mixture, alternating with milk, until flour is just blended in.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- Fold in chopped nuts, figs and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about an hour and ten minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. After fifteen minutes, turn cake out from pan onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with Burnt Jeremiah Syrup.
Burnt Jeremiah Syrup:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (Jeremiah 6:20)
- 1/2 cup water (Genesis 24:45)
- 1/4 cup butter (Genesis 18:8)
- In a 2-quart saucepan over low heat, melt sugar, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. After sugar melts, continue cooking, stirring continuously, until it is a deep golden brown.
- Add water and cook, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Remove from the heat, add butter and stir till until it melts; allow to cool.
you might also like…
FREE gift for subscribers!
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love my weekly email. Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox and receive FREE gifts available exclusively for subscribers. Don’t miss new content with recipes, crafts and ideas to inspire & encourage you. We would love for you to join our community. Just click the subscribe button below.