There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
How To Make GIANT Bubbles
Directions: The photos will be a help in making the wand
- Drill a small hole in the end of each dowel as a started for the eye hooks.
- Screw the eye hooks into the holes you just drilled until they are secure.
- Cut a 70-inch piece of cotton string. Cut another piece of string that measures 30-inches. You can make the string as long or short as you like just as long as one string is longer than the other.
- Put the 3 to 4 nuts through the 70-inch (longer) string.
- Put the ends of both pieces of string through one of the eye hooks and tie a knot. Do the same thing with the other eye hook. Now you should have a long string and a shorter one that runs from one dowel to the other.
Making Giant Bubbles
- Head outside with your bucket of solution
- Put the end of the dowels in the bucket so the string is submerged in the bubble solution.
- Bring the ends of the dowels up from the bubble solution, holding together until about chest high.
- Then separate the dowels by pulling them outward so the string makes a triangle that points down. The washers will weigh the center of the bottom string down. see photo below.
- Step backward quickly so that the air goes through the bubble solution between the dowels and makes a bubble.
We had to give it a few tries before getting the hang of making the bubbles but as you can see, even littlest kids were quickly able to master it.
And the big kids couldn’t resist making bubbles too 🙂