Dipping German Stars in Wax tutorial
Supplies and equipment
- double boiler or something similar to melt the wax
- utensil to flip the stars and remove from melted wax
- waxed paper to place wet stars on to cool (alternatively, if you have attached a hanging thread to your stars, they can be hung from a dowel or something similar allowing the wax to cool and harden)
- bowl for glittering
- completed German Paper Stars
- fine craft glitter (optional)
- needle and thread for making a hanging loop
Adding glitter and sparkle
Lots of finished stars!
If you are giving stars as gifts, you might want to include a card. I created a FREE printable for you with a place for the recipient’s name on the front, a little history about the stars on the inside and storage suggestions on the back. Get your printable by clicking German Folded Paper Stars Gift Card.
These stars, covered with snow, adorned a small tree on our front porch and as you can see, the stood up well even covered in snow.
means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but
it won’t cost you anything additional.
FREE GIFT FOR SUBSCRIBERS!
FREE gift for subscribers! Don’t miss new recipes, DIY, crafts and ideas to inspire and encourage you. Join our community and receive updates by clicking the subscribe button below. We’d love to have you be a part 🙂 Don’t forget to choose and download your FREE subscriber thank you gift!