Here is the recipe:
Barefoot Carrot Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup diced fresh pineapple
Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then drain. Fit a food processor* with the grating blade. Cut the carrots in half and place in the feed tube so they are lying on their sides. Process in batches. Place the grated carrots in a medium bowl, add the lemon juice and toss.
For the dressing, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar and salt. Pour the dressing over the carrots and add the pineapple and raisins. Toss together and serve.
- *If you do not have a food processor, use a box grater to prepare the carrots.
- Ina only uses “good” mayonnaise. I, on the other hand, think mayo is rather oily and flavorless and I dislike it. Though many will cringe at the thought, I am a Miracle Whip fan.
- Fresh pineapple is great but you substitute canned, well-drained pineapple with good results.
You might also like these posts:
If you like this post and don’t want to miss new content with recipes and ideas to inspire you, join our community and receive updates by clicking the subscribe button below. We’d love to have you be a part 🙂