After blending all of the ingredients together and pouring into glasses, I popped them into the freezer until nearly frozen, but still soft enough to stir with a spoon. Much better this way!
In 2008, McDonald’s Canada brought back the Shamrock Shake for a limited time only starting on February 26. At that time, it had not been available in Canada for five years
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half and half (or just use milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract (not peppermint)
- 8 drops green food coloring
- Mix all ingredients on high speed until smooth.
- Stop blender, stir and blend again, if necessary, to combine
Below is another recipe I found and want to try. Sounds like it might be thicker:
1 cup vanilla ice cream, slightly thawed
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons half-and-half
1/8 teaspoon mint extract
4 or 5 drops green food coloring