Works for me!
A really wonderful side dish from
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup) @ 118 calories per serving
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled sweet potato (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled turnip (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped parsnip (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped carrot (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup tupelo honey (see note below) or Honey of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 shallots, halved
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine all ingredients except the cooking spray in a large bowl; toss to coat. Place vegetable mixture on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
NOTE: I have occasionally substituted potatoes for either the parsnips or turnips
Clear yellow in color, with a characteristic greenish glow, Tupelo honey is a premium honey produced in northwest Florida. It is heavy bodied and is usually light golden amber with a greenish cast and has a mild, distinctive taste. Because of the high fructose content, Tupelo honey is one of the sweetest honey varieties and it hardly granulates.
source: Benefits of Honey.com